Well this is our third night in our apartment and we still aren't unpacked yet!! It just seems like there hasn't been any time to do anything and we are always heading for downtown when there's time to spare. Luckily though we have the whole weekend to get settled in, go shopping, figure out how to use our laundry machine, etc. I know I've told people that Hiroshima doesn't seem that busy...but I don't think we had actually been in the city yet. It's CRAZY busy!! I've tried to take some good pictures, but I never feel like they really capture what it's like in Hiroshima. So, tonight I'll just do a little tribute to back home...We'll be heading downtown again tomorrow to Peace Memorial Park so then I'll put some of those pics up too. Really all I've done these last two days is go to the Board of Education for some orientation and then went out with some other JETs for dinner. It is so hot here and the humidity is almost unbarable and it seems like we've done nothing but walk to the astram and back. The astram is a really cool street car type thing that we can take to get to downtown. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from our apartment to the astram. Well thanks for all the comments (we love to read them). I think in order to make a comment you have to sign up for a blog so no pressure ;) Okay...now my tribute to the good ol' USA
Hi from Japan!
This is for family and friends to see how we're doing and to hear all about our adventures in Hiroshima and beyond!

1 Comments:
Sorry to hear about the humidity. I promise you'll get used to it (relatively).
Post a Comment
<< Home