Monday, September 12, 2005

Well we just got back from a tough night at rugby. We are really excited because our free Japanese lessons start tomorrow!! Maybe I'll actually be able to understand some conversations in the English staff room...probably not. My junior high school has a Sports Festival on Saturday, which I guess is a huge deal where classes compete against eachother at different events. Like, they have to jump a huge rope as an entire class or walk together with boards tied to their feet. So I've been invited to watch. Then Monday is a national holiday (woo hoo). The following Friday is my base school's Sports Festival, and then the following Monday is another national holiday (double woo hoo). Oh and I think Friday my base school is having a welcome enkai for me which phil is invited to...I think it's a rare for spouses to be invited to those things, but two of the teachers have already met phil and they say that "everyone wants to meet him" which of course means that he's worked his schmooze charm (those who know phil know what I mean). So the bottom line is I think this month is going to fly by, and pretty soon it will be Autumn in Japan and hopefully a little cooler.

2 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Blogger suzan said...

This is so great...your first enkai. Make sure you fill us in on the details. No broken bones in rugby, right?

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger C. Olson said...

Not yet! But I did have a moment yesterday where I was running to tag someone and he changed directions suddenly. It was evident that I was going to crash right into him hard, so what did I do? I just closed my eyes (strange and stupid reaction), luckily I actually ran into phil and no harm done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home