Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sorry, no picture this time...we got new cell phones that take pictures but we haven't figured out how to download them to the computer yet. Not too much going on here. We were planning a trip to the beach three other people, but the weather was really rainy all day, so we didn't get to go and instead had a pretty lazy day. I went to my base school for the first time on Friday and met my go-between teacher who I'll be working pretty closely with. She's really nice and so is everyone else at the school. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to find the school on my own so today Phil went with me and we found it just fine. I guess the most exciting thing right now is rugby. I don't know if I've mentioned before but every Monday evening a bunch of people play touch Rugby and it's sort of a mix of mostly JETs, a bunch of Japanese locals, and one guy who is from the states and a trainer for the Carps (Hiroshima's professional baseball team). Anyway, Phil and I were invited to play in a rugby tournament coming up next month on Shikoku island...so we're pretty excited for that. I guess other than that it was just a pretty mellow week. We definately feel settled in our place and in Hiroshima. I don't think we could have landed in a better spot.

2 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Blogger suzan said...

Sounds like things are going really well. I'm so happy that things are going splendidly for you. Take pictures of the rugby games. Keep posting. I love checking your blog site.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger C. Olson said...

Thanks Suzan! That's a good idea to take pictures of rugby, although we don't look our best drenched in sweat from head to toe:) I'll definately take pictures of the tournament.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home