Sunday, August 07, 2005


Yesterday was Peace Day and so we went to the Peace Memorial Ceremony in the morning. That was pretty exciting. The prime minister spoke and so did the mayor of Hiroshima. Then last everyone floated lanterns along the river and so this is a picture of the A-bomb dome with the lanterns floating in the river. It was really beautiful. Other than that we've just been exploring the city. We bought a vcr/dvd player today (it's a really cool Disney one). I've been translating all of the buttons or trying to. I've found menu, video, zoom, and the button to change from Japanese to English (very important one). Phil promises that he will put an update in here very soon. He's going to start applying for jobs tomorrow. Well I'll put up some more pictures of the Peace Ceremony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home